- The Roof Truss Structure adopts sectional steel or wood as purlins. The purlin is required to be flat without deformation and two purlins must be in parallel with a uniform span
- Normal Profile Purlin Span: 2mm: < 700mm; 2.5mm: < 800mm; 3.0mm: < 900mm
- Reinforced Profile Purlin Span: 2mm: < 1000mm; 2.5mm: < 1100mm; 3.0mm: < 1200mm
- The transverse lap joint must be a complete lap jointed slope. The longitudinal lap joining length > 200mm
- When fixing by self-drill screws, drill the hole in advance. The aperture must be 50% larger than the screw diameter. The screw must not be over-tightened otherwise stress will occur, resulting in a crack on the tile surface
- The quantity of fix screws and plastic fixers must not be less than 5 sets per square meter of the roofing tile. This is to ensure the roof structure have enough strength against strong winds
- The slope gradient and the impact of perennial prevailing wind should be taken into consideration for the roofing tile lap joint. The roof tile arrangement sequence and pavement should be opposite to the local perennial prevailing wind direction, i.e. the exposed side lap joint of the roofing tile must be on the lee side away from the prevailing wind direction.
Notes for Installation
- When installing the roof tiles, place a wooden board on the top roof tile in advance. This will allow workings to use this as support in order not to damage the roof tiles.
- Do not expose the tiles to strong acid or alkali substances during installation
- The roof tile should not be over-bent – so as to avoid damages to the tiles
- The heat expansion and cold contraction of the roofing tiles are different to that of the steel bar. Expansion space must be reserved and pay attention to embedded depth otherwise deformation and cracking of the roofing tile will occur
- When installing, it is recommended to use special waterproof accessories, self-drill screws and plastic fixer, especially in the eaves, where plastic fix must be used to hold it down
- It is recommended to use neutral silicone sealant and suitable gasket material to prevent water leakage.